Homey Don't Play No Bastardized Banana Bread


I tried out a recipe from another blog that shall remain nameless, and it sucked donkey balls. I should have known when it called for cinnamon and butterscotch chips. Normally the mere thought of those two ingredients alone would make me cream my jeans, which is why I decided it was worth wasting the ingredients on, but what a colossal fucking waste! I've come to the decision that certain foods shall remain unadulterated in my repertoire. Much like the idea that White women should never ever cover songs by Black artists who refer to themselves in their lyrics as "nappy headed boys", banana bread should not be ruined with the addition of superfluous ingredients. It's just wrong. If you wanna listen to songs about nappy heads listen to Black artists (or in some cases Jewish or Italian). If you want a cinnamon loaf make one, but don't confuse it with or attempt a hybrid of a banana loaf! People will throw stones at you, or at least they should. Everyone knows what banana bread should taste like and unless you're baking for White people who seem determined to throw the craziest/stupidest/wackest ingredients in their shit [of course in that un-named blogger's case it wasn't nessesarily weird, just WRONG] this is the taste they are looking for:
Banana Bread Loaf
Ingredients:
3 mashed bananas (I sometimes add 4 just if there's only one poor soul left)
2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
nuts (optional)
·Cream butter and sugar together
·Add eggs and bananas; mix well
·In separate bowl mix flour baking soda, baking powder and salt
·I used my kitchen aid mixer on med speed slowly adding the flour mixture to my butter/bananas mix, scraping the sides of the bowl as I went to make sure it was all nicely moist and blended.
I don't like nuts in my banana bread but on top, so feel free to add your nuts to the mixed batter or on top after you've poured it into the pan.
I used a standard loaf pan as I tried a pyrex pan before and it turned out horribly uneven.
·Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf. Don't be alarmed if it takes a bit longer than an hour, this is a really moist bread and you almost can't ruin it.
*The pic above was taken after my 4 or 5th slice ( I was LOVIN' my own baking!) when I finally realized I should keep some evidence that it came out as good as it did.

No comments: