can I get one rib?



Hmm just thinking of pork from the last post made me think about how else I like my pork. Who can resist ribs? i could thrown down on a pile of ribs any day any how. the recipe below is my latest favorite way to prepare them...until the next recipe comes along that is - and really, I use this only when I'm in an industrious mood.

Ingredients are roughly written below with approximations because I'm a big proponent of tasting food as you season so if it's too tart add sugar, too sweet add vinegar and henceforth.

1 cup ketchup
1 tsp. worchestire
1/4 cup vinegar
brown sugar to taste
1 roasted garlic head
1/4 cup molasses
Spices (salt pepper, hot paprika, powdered garlic,)
soya sauce to taste
1 onion

Sauce
Dice onion and sauté in 1 tbsp. of oil in a mediaum sized pot.
Once browned add ketchup, molasses, and Dijon mustard. Bring to a boil and then simmer adding Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, and roasted garlic.
Add spices then add brown sugar in tbsp. Increments until the desired sweetness is achieved. Simmer for an hour or, stirring occasionally.

Ribs
Take off the silver skin first! The silver skin is a membrane that is attached to the underside of the bones. You can't chew it and marinades, rubs and sauces can't penetrate it. It's got to go. Take a knife and pry a little bit off, then grab it with your fingers and peel the while thing off.

Spice your ribs with the same spices as the sauce and a few dashes of soya and Worcestershire sauce. Marinate for at least an hour preferably 3-4 hours.

I grilled my ribs first until cooked through, then transferred them to a heatproof dish, covered them with sauce and cooked on low 250 °C for 1-1/5 to 2 hours.
Voila.



No comments: