Soul Week At-A-Glance

·Soul Food Festival in Indiana sounds like a blast!

·6 brothas come together to bring upscale soul food to Houston. Hmmm wonder if at least one of 'em is single?

·Eat somethin' before you read about Mrs. Jones Restaurant in Dorchester, MA. I'm dyin' for a fried pork chop smothered in gravy now!

·What's a southern meal without black eyed peas and Kool Aid? Houstonist will tell you: it's food with no soul.

·Dang, I'm tempted to hit up Florida next Sunday for Victor Kimble's Soul Food Brunch. If only I had a car...and a license to drive I'd be on it with the quickness!
The official flyer pdf is here.

·Now I tried to find some info on Victor to see what his story was and stumbled on this gem: I lived in Australia for 6 months and never found this place. Ever the intrepid reporter I found that the Victor Kimble is retired from the navy and did indeed settle in the land down under! Cool beans! Me thinks that maybe- just maybe - I'ma hafta go back to Sydney and see if they're really cooking with soul ;-)

Sister's are workin' it out on the soul food tip in Arizona too!

Remember Vern's Place from my last post? Well according to Back Talk, they're having a fundraiser to try and raise money for the $450 per month rent raise that's comin' down the pike from the new building owners. If you live in Dallas, get thee to Vern's Place!!

No comments: