Do you remember the 21st night of september?

OK, so it wasn't the 21'st it was the 15th but I live in Canada man! If we waited until the 21'st to have this end of summer dinner, not only would it have technically been autumn but it woulda been hella freezing! This morning when I got up the news said it was 9°C /48 °F!
But we still played Earth Wind and Fire in homage ;-)

We had quite the meal last night and I'm still kinda stuffed. BBQ roast of beef, peppers stuffed with Spanish rice, tomato salad with Parmesan cheese, and sauteed mushrooms in white wine and butter.
The beef was done simply, some steak spice some rosemary and some lime and was so unbelievably good *drool*!
The mushrooms were excellent but there weren't nearly enough. I'm a mushroom nut. I'm also a garlic nut so next time garlic needs to be added to that mix fo' sho'.
Maggie, the dog from next door came by to visit. She's a border dog and it so cute to actually see her bound onto the patio and sniff in each corner ready to pounce on anything remiss.
She got a beef bone fresh from the market for her efforts.
We realized to late that we didn't have fresh Parmesan for the tomato salad but Tre Stelle did good in a pinch...and we really loaded it on.
I really dug the peppers but I like mine really well roasted - mind you I was the only one to eat my whole pepper so I guess it didn't really matter to me that much. LOL
We lasted till the wee hours slicing off piece of beef and gossiping until we finally had to go inside from the cold.
Summer's been nice though, can't really complain, but I LOVE the fall. Jeans! Boots! Chunky Sweaters! Boots! New Hair Color! Boots!

No comments: